NTU Library Website
Taiwan University Library Systems for Library Information Management (SLIM)
SLIM gives users easy access to library materials, including books, periodicals, audio-visual materials and electronic resources
NTU is one of the world’s leading universities. To preserve and introduce our abundant research findings and academic capacity to the international community, NTU Library integrated the NTU Repository (NTUR) and Academic Hub (AH) into NTU Scholars. This comprehensive system integrates the university’s research capacity, facilitates collaborations, preserves academic output, and promotes research outcomes.
Faculty members at NTU are welcome to join this system. Visit the following website to learn more and book services from subject librarians: https://www.lib.ntu.edu.tw/node/2631
- The subject librarian service was set up so as to serve as the bridge between the library and instructors.
- Subject librarians provide instructors and researchers with customized library services, including seminars or in-depth counseling sessions, to meet their teaching and research needs.
- Subject librarians assist departments and graduate institutes in collecting subject-based resources, help instructors select text and reference books for their courses, and provide support in compiling bibliographies for their research projects.
- Subject librarians also assist departments and graduate institutes collect resources for subject-specific libraries.
- Find your subject librarian at:
- Online resources: Please set up VPN service for off-campus connection.
- SLIM: Select Online Resources on the left hand side of the search page
- Databases: Web of Science, Scopus, Airiti Library, and CNKI online database.
- Free Open Access Resources: Google Scholar, Microsoft Academic Search, Semantic Scholar, OAIster, DOAB, DOAJ, NDLTD, arXiv.org.
- Visit the website for more information: http://tul.blog.ntu.edu.tw/archives/27717
Library Access and Loans
- Full-time and part-time faculty holding a faculty ID card issued by the Personnel Department can gain immediate access to all of the NTU Library’s materials and facilities with the ID card.
- Full-time faculty members and visiting professors are permitted up to 100 items when borrowing books and audio-visual materials, and part-time faculty are allowed up to 30 items.
- For more details on loan services, please go to the NTU Library homepage and click on the Link to “Faculties”:
- Inspection and loan of books purchased with research funding: To meet faculty research needs, the library provides long-term borrowing services for books purchased with Ministry of Science and Technology research project funding, and funding for the purchase of books for new teachers. These books can be borrowed for a period of 3 years. See detailed instructions on our website: https://www.lib.ntu.edu.tw/en/node/1083
- To retrieve books stored in closed stacks or in the Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), visit the Closed Stacks Retrieval Services page and ASRS Services page for more information and instructions.
NTU Library Intercampus Loan and Photocopying Services
Cross-library book borrowing service: Provides an online application service for users to borrow books in the libraries on different campuses. The scope of the service includes the books in the Main Library (including the library service centers of the Institutes of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Oceanography, the LIS Library, the Koo Chen-Fu Memorial Library, the Law Library, and the ASRS Service Center) and the Medical Library. The books must be “on shelves” and “available for lending.”
Journal Article Delivery Express (JADE)
- The JADE service helps you obtain journal articles that are not available at the NTU Library from overseas libraries within as short as 24 hours; there is a NT$5 charge per page.
- More details about the JADE service are available at:
National Interlibrary Loan Service
- NTU Library enjoys interlibrary loan agreements with more than 100 libraries in Taiwan. NTU faculty and students can visit the NTU Library to apply for an interlibrary loan card that can be used to check out books at cooperating libraries. Full-time NTU faculty members can check out books at National Taiwan Normal University and National Taiwan University of Science and Technology with their NTU faculty ID cards through a simple application process. For details, visit:
- The Nationwide Document Delivery Service (NDDS) allows you to apply online to check out books and request photocopies of journal articles from cooperating libraries in Taiwan. Details are available at:
Instructors and students can access a variety of online audiovisual resources at the NTU Library, including audiovisual collections and videotaped speeches, anywhere and anytime via this website.
- Multimedia Focus
Users can find professional movie reviews, catalogs of new arrivals, lists of the most borrowed and viewed movies, and introductions of original soundtracks for the movies available at NTU Library on this website.
Room Reservation Services
- Multimedia Center large and small group room and areas reservations:
One large group room (accommodating 50) and two small group rooms (accommodating 3-10) on the 4th floor of the NTU Library are available for reservation by instructors who wish to present public presentation edition library materials for teaching purposes. To reserve a room, call 3366-2334 or apply at:
- Study carrel reservations
- Study carrels on the 2nd-4th floors of the NTU Library can be reserved by full-time faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and PhD students for one month each time (from the 3rd day to the last day of the month).
- To reserve a study carrel, present your faculty ID or student ID at the circulation desk on the 1st floor of the NTU Library. Rules for the reservation and use of library study carrels and an application form are available at:
- The library provides tour services for students, faculty members, and guests of departments. NTU’s librarians will take you to libraries (including the Main Library, the Koo Chen-Fu Memorial Library, and the ASRS Service Center), and introduce the buildings’ features and their equipment and services of each floor. Visit the service website for details: https://www.lib.ntu.edu.tw/node/194。
- The Library Online Panotour provides 360-degree panoramic views, allowing visitors to browse the library floor plans, service equipment, and featured library collections. Panotour service: https://www.lib.ntu.edu.tw/AR/pano/panotour/index.html。
- The featured areas of the main library have AR services, helping visitors obtain introduction information via mobile devices and relevant apps. AR application service: https://www.lib.ntu.edu.tw/AR/index.html。
NTU Library E-Learning Center
The NTU Library E-Learning Center offers online classes that introduce readers to the library’s services and resources (e.g., EndNote bibliography software), as well as a variety of professional courses on literature, drama, and language learning skills.
NTU Institutional Repository
The NTU Institutional Repository archives the university’s academic research output, including journal articles, conference papers, and research reports, and allows you to perform full-text searches. Faculty members are invited to present their works for archiving in the repository or provide links to their works. By doing so, the authors will draw increased visibility and academic impact to themselves and the university.
NTU Web Archiving System
The NTU Web Archiving System (NTUWAS) is an online archive of significant websites in Taiwan that places a priority on topics concerning NTU. Using web history to archive organizations, Taiwan, and history, NTUWAS is a website of great local and historical value that works towards the goal of preserving a record of Taiwan on the Internet.
Connect With NTU Library Online
- Subscribe to the Library e-Newsletter at:
- NTU Library Facebook page:
Join the NTU Library Facebook page to get the latest news and information.
- NTU Library@LINE：@ntulib
NTU Library on the Go
The Android and iOS versions of the NTU Library app are now available. Once installed, the NTU Library app automatically sends the latest news and new library collection information via push notification and provides collection inquiries, personalized reservations, borrowing extensions, and e-pay services. The app also provides AR services and the Beacon Micro GPS tracking function, giving visitors various kinds of library experiences.
- Google Play (Android):
- App Store (iOS):