|1||New Faculty Founding Research Grant||Amount of funding varies according to the grantee’s rank and affiliated college||1. This grant category has been established in accordance with the NTU Guidelines for New Faculty Research Project Grants.
2. Eligibility: Regular full-time faculty members and research fellows may apply during their first year of service at NTU.
|2||Research Project Grant||In coordination with research projects of the NSTC, the subsidies are calculated based on 50% of the general expenses for the first year of the project and minus the pre-approved initial funds of NT$300,000.||1. The subsidy shall be governed by the “National Taiwan University Subsidy Guidelines for Academic Research Projects of Newly Recruited Teachers.” Qualifications for the subsidy: Newly recruited assistant professors/assistant research fellows who started working at NTU in the past 12 months. Applicants that meet the criteria may apply 3 months after receiving a NSTC funded research project.
2. For relevant information, please visit:https://ord.ntu.edu.tw/w/ordntu/plan_list_21012814035701445
|3||Matching Instrument Grants for the Recruitment of New Faculty||This grant category provides matching funds for research instruments for the recruitment of new faculty; ORD proposes funding matching the college’s grant, up to NT$500,000 per project.||Eligibility: Newly recruited teachers who started working at NTU in the past 12 months and have applied to the college/department for subsidies.|
|4||Laurel Research Program||Up to 30% of the annual grant (excluding equipment expenses) approved by a MOST research project||1. Conducted according to the “NTU Higher Education Sprout Project—Career Development Research Program Guidelines” (in Chinese).
2. Application criteria: Full-time teaching and research faculty within the establishment of NTU. Applicants should apply for the Laurel Research Program within three months of the approval of a MOST Outstanding Young Scholar Research Project.
|5||Deep Furrow Research Program||Up to 5 years of subsidies may be granted depending on the content of the research project.||1. Conducted according to the “NTU Higher Education Sprout Project—Career Development Research Program Guidelines” (in Chinese).
2. Application criteria: Full-time teaching and research faculty within the establishment of NTU who are under 45 years old and demonstrate considerable research potential.
|6||Jade Research Program||Please refer to the call for applications released annually by the Office of Research and Development.||1. Conducted according to the “Call for Applications and Instructions for NTU Jade Research Program” (in Chinese).
2. Application criteria:
1. NTU full-time professors and research fellows:
2. Applications from those who have received approval for the Excellence in Key Advantages Program (core research team), the Academic Research Career Development Program (SPROUT research projects), and International Competitiveness Program for Talents in Key Fields at the time of application will not be accepted. Those who have filed applications for all these programs at the same time and have received approval for all must choose only one program.
3. Those who are implementing NSTC projects this year may not apply (NSTC projects conducted from January 1 to December 31).
|7||Excellent Research Project||Granted depending on the content of the research project||It shall be in accordance with the contents of the research project.
1. It shall be governed by the “National Taiwan University Higher Education SPROUT Project Excellence in Key Advantages Program Subsidy Guidelines.”
2. For more information regarding the core research team projects, please visit: https://ord.ntu.edu.tw/w/ordntu/plan_list_20072010322634427
|8||International Cooperative Research Projects||1. For Category 2 research projects that are also funded by MOST, the amount of funding should in principle be no greater than NT$500,000.
2. For Category 3 research projects, which are co-funded on an equitable basis by universities with which NTU has entered into a strategic alliance, the amount of funding will depend upon the nature and specific details of each research project.
|1. This grant category has been established in accordance with the NTU Higher Education SPROUT Projects – Guidelines for the Funding of International Cooperative Research Projects.
2. Eligibility: Regular full-time faculty members and research fellows.
|9||Post-Doctoral Research Grant||It shall be in accordance with the latest announcement for post-doctoral fellow subsidies.
1. It shall be governed by the “National Taiwan University Higher Education SPROUT Project Post-Doctoral Fellow and Research Technical Personnel Subsidy Guidelines.”
2. Website: https://ord.ntu.edu.tw/w/ordntu/GW_20072012041300024
|10||Animal Resource Center (ARC)||Feeding and keeping of laboratory animals||http://www.arc.ntu.edu.tw/zh_tw/aboutus|
|11||Common Use Precious Instrument Center||1. NTU Consortia of Key Technologies
2. Precious Instrument User Subsidy Pilot Program
Fostering Research, Industry-Academia Collaboration, and Talent