(including annual salary, seniority pay, and research allowance)
Associate Professor: NT$83,920~103,560
Assistant Professor: NT$73,640~93,990
|The amounts listed became effective on January 1, 2022.|
|2||Year-End Bonus||1.5 months of salary||Paid in accordance with “Regulations for the Payment of Year-End Bonuses to Civil Servants” issued by the Executive Yuan. In recent years, full-time employees who have worked for a full year generally receive 1.5 months of salary as their year-end bonuses.|
|3||Incentives for Newly Employed Special Outstanding Talent||Rates for the 2019/2020 academic year:
1. Professor (Senior Research Fellow):
NT$80,000 per month
2. Associate Professor (Associate Research Fellow):
NT$60,000 per month
3. Assistant Professor (Assistant Research Fellow):
NT$30,000 per month
|1. Granted in accordance with NTU’s “Operational Directions for Offering Incentives to Newly Employed Special Outstanding Talent” (in Chinese).
2. To apply for and receive the incentives, faculty members must meet one of the following criteria:
(1) Have not held or do not hold a full-time teaching or research position within the establishment of a domestic academic research institution.
(2) Have worked at a foreign academic research institution for the past five years before the day of application.
3. Each awardee may receive up to three years of incentives that are granted by year. The incentives for the following year shall be approved and awarded after reviewing account balance and awardee performance.
|4||Flexible Additional Pay for Teaching and Research Faculty||1. Professor or faculty of the same rank: 20~25 points per month
2. Associate professor or faculty of the same rank: 15~20 points per month
3. Assistant professor or faculty of the same rank: 10~15 points per month
4. Lecturer or faculty of the same rank: 5~10 points per month
|1. Conducted according to NTU’s “Operational Directions for Granting Flexible Additional Pay for Teaching and Research Faculty” (in Chinese).
2. Each awardee may receive up to three years of additional pay.
3. Teaching and research faculty members who have received the Incentives for Newly Employed Special Outstanding Talent are not entitled to apply for flexible additional pay.
4. Point conversion rate is adjusted according to the budget of the year.
|5||Additional Teaching and Research Pay for Teaching and Research Faculty||A faculty member who proves to have made substantial contributions in teaching, research, or other services are entitled to a specified amount of additional pay for a specified period after a petition presented by the dean of the governing college is approved by both the Executive Vice President for Academics and Research and the President.||1. Conducted according to NTU’s “Operational Directions for Granting Additional Teaching and Research Pay for Teaching and Research Faculty” (in Chinese).
2. Awardees of the Incentives for Newly Employed Special Outstanding Talent are not entitled to apply for additional teaching and research pay.
Salary and Flexible Additional Pay for New Faculty